Oakland's Outdoor Businesses and Activities Resume as Alameda County Returns to Purple Tier
The California Department of Public Health announced effective Jan.25, 2021 the Bay Area region meets the criteria to exit the Regional Stay At Home Order.
While Californians are still recommended to avoid non-essential travel, activities and businesses permitted in the Purple Tier may resume operation immediately.
Visit Oakland Partners are highly encouraged to log into the FREE Partner Portal to update their listing with outdoor availability, hours, etc.
Businesses and activities permitted to open under Alameda County's new Health Officer Order to align with the State’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy include:
Outdoors only, with modifications
- Cardrooms and Racetracks
- Family Entertainment Centers and Movie Theaters
- Places of Worship and Cultural Ceremonies
- Restaurants, Wineries, and Tasting Rooms
- Zoos and Aquariums
Indoors, with modifications
- Hair Salons and Barbershops
- Hotels and Lodging (indoor gyms and fitness studios remain closed)
- Personal Care Services, including Massage, Nail Salons and Skin Care Services
- Grocery Stores may increase capacity to 50 percent
- Other Retail may increase capacity to 25 percent